Lightbulb Unanswered: Message board Setup Plz Help

I want to setup a message board at my work for helpdesk issues. I setup a windows 2000 server and installed IIS, I downloaded a messageboard software called ikonboard from www.ikonboard.com. It says that you need to have php software. I never done this before and was wondering if anyone can help me on what software i need to get this up and running. I have setup a message board on my outside isp but they had a easy wizard to create a mysql database. From what i understand is that i need a mysql database and some php.

This should get you started:

www.php.net
    www.mysql.org

Lightbulb PHP.net

I downloaded the php lastest version for windows and I installed it on the iis server but im still having problems, during the installation a message poped up stating : Due to a missing OCX control on your system. the installation wizard is unable to configure your webserver. I read the instructions on how to configure it manually but too confusing. I dont understand what it wants me to do i just want to be able to set up a message board.

I have had similar issues on some of my systems. Just follow the instructions and it will work. You will not be able to run your php application until you have php installed correctly.