Arrow Unanswered: Tablespace Partition - Again!!!!!

Guys thanks for the previous replies BUT:

Let's say my primary key/index is made up of three different columns year, id, effective_date and I want to create a partition tablespace storing data according to year only.

Do I have to create another index on top of mandatory one already needed to implement tablespace partition concept. My question; can be specify multiple columns as part of partition condition or how it works.

Note: I am runing OS390 v7.1

Dollar

Re: Tablespace Partition - Again!!!!!

For OS390, you must define a cluster index with ALL columns that you want for partitioning your table. In this case, you'll have your primary key as NPI (non partitioned index) and you need to define another index for the partitions.

HTH
    Rodney Krick

see if this answers your question

"Do I have to create another index on top of mandatory one already needed to implement tablespace partition concept"

-- you can not create another partition index on top of the 'mandatory', you need to drop the table space and recreate everything, but this time create a partition index for the column that you need partitioned.

"can be specify multiple columns as part of partition condition or how it works"

-- yes, Create Index SAMPLEIDX on TEMP (COL1, COL2...) Cluster (Part 1 Values (value1, value2).....) ....

HTH,
    Oliver