Unanswered: ASP connection to Informix

I'm having problems connecting to informix using ASP. Can anyone help?

What are the problems ? Which driver are you using for your connection string ? Can you post your connection string ? Which version of client sdk are you using ? Make sure you have version 2.8.

I'm using version 2.5. Where do I get version 2.8?

Here is the error:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [INTERSOLV][ODBC Informix driver][Informix]Unable to load locale categories.
    /leo/testing.asp, line 28

I have created ODBC connection DSN and am able to connect to it from Access, but not ASP.

Set dbcon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'setting up connection to database
    dbcon.Open "DSN=SEA-LEO-P;PWD=leo123"
    Set dbrec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'setting up connection to recordset of database
    dbsql ="select emp_nr,fname, lname from informix.employee;"
    dbrec.Open dbsql, dbcon 'run sql statement

The 2.5 you are referring to is the mdac - Informix has a client sdk with their oledb drivers (I believe the latest version is 2.8). Is the code listed from your asp page or from access ? Also, have you tried connecting through vb ? Where is it failing in the code ?

This seems to be an intersolv/registry problem (once you install the informix client sdk you will be ok). But I have found some documentation that may be helpful - you will have to use setnet32 and regcopy:

link
    Last edited by rnealejr; 10-03-02 at 19:18.