Wink Unanswered: Help please on Installation

Hi ,

I am using WIndows2000 professional edition. I tried to install the ASe12.5 evaluation copy on my machine( about 250 MB in size). I clicked on the setup icon , all it gave me was an messagebox with errors like
    "
    The instruction at <some memory address> referenced memory at <some memory address>. The memory could not be "read"

CLick on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program
    "
    CAn somebody help me on this .

Thanks in advance
    Bye
    Laks

Hiya,

Firstly, ensure that you've sufficient swap file space on the box for ASE to startup.

Then, open a dos sheel and cd to %SYBASE%. In your %SYBASE%\%SYBASE_ASE%\bin, use the sqlsrvr binary and start the server using the RUN file located in %SYBASE%\%SYBASE_ASE%\install

C:\SYBASE\ASE-12_5\bin> sqlsrvr ../RUN_<SERVER_NAME>.bat.

This will spool the error messages to the same window or the errorlog as pointed by the .bat file.

This should give more information on the failure.

Cheers
    Willy

Hi,

Thanks for the fix.
    Bye
    Laks
    Originally posted by willy_and_the_ci
    Hiya,

Firstly, ensure that you've sufficient swap file space on the box for ASE to startup.

Then, open a dos sheel and cd to %SYBASE%. In your %SYBASE%\%SYBASE_ASE%\bin, use the sqlsrvr binary and start the server using the RUN file located in %SYBASE%\%SYBASE_ASE%\install

C:\SYBASE\ASE-12_5\bin> sqlsrvr ../RUN_<SERVER_NAME>.bat.

This will spool the error messages to the same window or the errorlog as pointed by the .bat file.

This should give more information on the failure.

Cheers
    Willy