Unanswered: ODBC error when using ADODB.connection

Trying to connect to Informix using VBscript with an ADODB.connection using a DSN or connection string producest these errors

0 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed IM006 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

-11048 [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Unable to load translation DLL. IM009 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

I think the first one is informational only. But the second one? It is definetly not connecting to the DB.

I know the DSN is good.

I have downloaded and installed MDAC. My ODBC version is 3.01.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck.

Thanks

What is your environment ? Where are you calling the odbc connection ? Are you using iis/asp ?

Have you tried using the drivers from the informix client sdk instead ?

Originally posted by rnealejr
    What is your environment ? Where are you calling the odbc connection ? Are you using iis/asp

Have you tried using the drivers from the informix client sdk instead ?
    Sorry I wasn't more informative.

Win2000, IE 5.5. Yes I am iis/asp. IIS has scripts enabled.

I'm not sure what you mean by the informix client sdk. I afraid about the only thing I know about informix is how to pass it SQL statements. I am actually a GIS programmer.

I have the Informix directory in the path and INFORMIXDIR as an enviorment variable.

Thanks

You can download the informix client sdk from here - it includes drivers for you to connect to informix:

site

The latest version is 2.8.

Thumbs up

You can download the informix client sdk from here - it includes drivers for you to connect to informix:

site

The latest version is 2.8.
    Looks like that did it. Thanks a lot.

Doug

Happy to help.

IBM Informix SDK

Happy to help.
    I am having the problem with the error "Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed". I have downloaded the latest SDK from IBM. I'm using VB6.0 on WinXP to connect to an informix 7.31 DB. When it gets to the DSN I set up using the new driver from IBM(3.81) or the old driver from informix (3.32), it gives me the error. I'm really at a loss here, any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
    Howard

Re: IBM Informix SDK

Originally posted by Nestar
    I am having the problem with the error "Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed". I have downloaded the latest SDK from IBM. I'm using VB6.0 on WinXP to connect to an informix 7.31 DB. When it gets to the DSN I set up using the new driver from IBM(3.81) or the old driver from informix (3.32), it gives me the error. I'm really at a loss here, any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
    Howard
    Did you update your MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Componants)? Go to the MS website and do a search on MDAC. The download is free and easy.

Originally posted by Alpine
    Did you update your MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Componants)? Go to the MS website and do a search on MDAC. The download is free and easy.
    I updated MDAC, and I'm still getting the same error. It says 2.7, which appears to be the latest, is the version that ships with XP. I'm going to trying installing the MDACSdk and see if that helps.

Originally posted by Nestar
    I updated MDAC, and I'm still getting the same error. It says 2.7, which appears to be the latest, is the version that ships with XP. I'm going to trying installing the MDACSdk and see if that helps.
    I fixed the problem. Just FYI, I had to use a connection string instead of a DSN. For example:

Provider=Ifxoledbc;Password=pass;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=user;Data Source=mbay