Unanswered: Use o fSQL passthro' queries

Hi all,

I am using the SQL pass thro' queries for use in my database to pick the data from the Oracle Tables.

When I am storing the Login information in the query properties I am getting the message ODBC--call failed,

But when I am using the same query without saving the Login Information to oracle in the queries, I do get the Promprt for the Login ID and password.

This login ID and passwords surely can not be given to the users since they are not expected to know them to connect to oracle.

Can some one please help me in this scenario.

Wink Re: Use o fSQL passthro' queries

By using Pass-Through SQL, you need put ODBC Connect Str into Query Properties as following Syntax, make sure you setup each name correctly.

ODBC;DSN=ODBCName;UID=OracleUserName;PWD=OracleUse rPassword;SERVER=OracleInstName;

ODBCName from Start->Control Panel-> Data Sources (ODBC) set it up,
    OracleInstName from [Oracle For Window]->[Oracle Net Easy Config] set it up.

Good luck...

Originally posted by xzone
    Hi all,

I am using the SQL pass thro' queries for use in my database to pick the data from the Oracle Tables.

When I am storing the Login information in the query properties I am getting the message ODBC--call failed,

But when I am using the same query without saving the Login Information to oracle in the queries, I do get the Promprt for the Login ID and password.

This login ID and passwords surely can not be given to the users since they are not expected to know them to connect to oracle.

Can some one please help me in this scenario.