Question Unanswered: Journalling table changes

I have used journalling on an AS/400 to track changes to files. Is there anything in DB2 that will log changes to rows in tables.

Re: Journalling table changes

I'm not familiar with AS/400 ....

DB2 uses the log files for tracking the changes to the tables ... .. If you need to get these changes, you can consider using triggers ....

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by $adpr
    I have used journalling on an AS/400 to track changes to files. Is there anything in DB2 that will log changes to rows in tables.

For my understanding, it is optional to turn on journaling on physical files in AS/400. However, when you create a SQL collection in DB2/400, a journal and journal receiver will be created automatically. The journal created in the SQL collection is normally the journal used for logging all changes to SQL tables.

When a table is created into the collection, it is automatically journaled to the journal (QSQJRN).

For other platforms like AIX and W2K, the logging function in DB2 is the default feature.

My question was for DB2 in an OS/390 IMS environment. Thanks for the information though.