Unanswered: Insert 1 million records issue

Hi All,

I am trying to insert around 2 million records into a table. These records where genrated by a select statement

eg: insert into permission select * from user,state

I have given the above query as sample pl. don't start validating that my point here is the select statement returing 2 million records.

When I try to do that my transaction log get full. I cannot effort to change any of the log sizes.

Does any one suggest me some round about ways of doing the same. At the same time please don't suggest me that I need to add where condition and limit the rows.

Thanks in advance
    Murthy

Re: Insert 1 million records issue

If you think the only way you wish to do is insert .... select , then have a look at the NOT LOGGED INITIALLY in CREATE TABLE Statement

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by explore
    Hi All,

I am trying to insert around 2 million records into a table. These records where genrated by a select statement

eg: insert into permission select * from user,state

I have given the above query as sample pl. don't start validating that my point here is the select statement returing 2 million records.

When I try to do that my transaction log get full. I cannot effort to change any of the log sizes.

Does any one suggest me some round about ways of doing the same. At the same time please don't suggest me that I need to add where condition and limit the rows.

Thanks in advance
    Murthy