Unanswered: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

Hi all

I try since 3 days to restore and redirect a backup from prod machine into a new environment. I had many problems which i soloved. after a succeful restor in on new machine I can't connet to my db. In db2diag.log I read the following message:

the memory for bufferpool and estore cann't be allocated: C0C4 0400

I investigated long time to understand the problem, it looks like every thing is OK, I mean Hard and Software. I couldn't find any information. My source and destination environment are identical: WINDOWS NT, DB2 6,1 with the identical FixPack. Can anybody help me ?

Re: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

Originally posted by mehdi shahbazi
    Hi all

I try since 3 days to restore and redirect a backup from prod machine into a new environment. I had many problems which i soloved. after a succeful restor in on new machine I can't connet to my db. In db2diag.log I read the following message:

I investigated long time to understand the problem, it looks like every thing is OK, I mean Hard and Software. I couldn't find any information. My source and destination environment are identical: WINDOWS NT, DB2 6,1 with the identical FixPack. Can anybody help me ?
    Hi Mehdi,
    I think your bufferpool is low use
    db2set db2_override_bpf=<value> e.g 3000
    db2stop
    db2start
    hopefuly works, please let me know

Originally posted by David2002
    Hi Mehdi,
    I think your bufferpool is low use
    db2set db2_override_bpf=<value> e.g 3000
    db2stop
    db2start
    hopefuly works, please let me know
    Hi Dave

Thank you for your help, bevor I became your email, I had changed down the value of estore_seg_sz from 16000 to 10000, then I could connect to new db I checked it and every thing was ok, it functions fine.

cheers
    Mehdi

Originally posted by mehdi shahbazi
    Hi all

Sorry I did not undrestand what did you do, did you had problem because of you changed the parameter from 16000 to 10000?
    and then you used my advise and it became ok? could you please explain.
    Thanks

Originally posted by David2002
    Sorry I did not undrestand what did you do, did you had problem because of you changed the parameter from 16000 to 10000?
    and then you used my advise and it became ok? could you please explain.
    Thanks
    Hi Dave

Thanx again for your reply. No I had this problem because of restore and redirect into a new environment. Bevor I recieved your first reply, I could slove it via down setting the value of estore_seg_sz from 16000 to 10000. I didn't use you solution. Than I could connect to my new database. I checked it every thing was OK, it functions still very well. Just now I am challenging another problem. i.e. down sizing the database or tablespaces, do you have any suggestion hier?

cheers
    Mehdi

Have you been using extended storage ?

Well, for you news question, I have created a new thread ....

Cheers

Sathyaram