Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9

    Unanswered: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

    Hi all

    I try since 3 days to restore and redirect a backup from prod machine into a new environment. I had many problems which i soloved. after a succeful restor in on new machine I can't connet to my db. In db2diag.log I read the following message:

    the memory for bufferpool and estore cann't be allocated: C0C4 0400

    I investigated long time to understand the problem, it looks like every thing is OK, I mean Hard and Software. I couldn't find any information. My source and destination environment are identical: WINDOWS NT, DB2 6,1 with the identical FixPack. Can anybody help me ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    86

    Re: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

    Originally posted by mehdi shahbazi
    Hi all

    I try since 3 days to restore and redirect a backup from prod machine into a new environment. I had many problems which i soloved. after a succeful restor in on new machine I can't connet to my db. In db2diag.log I read the following message:

    the memory for bufferpool and estore cann't be allocated: C0C4 0400

    I investigated long time to understand the problem, it looks like every thing is OK, I mean Hard and Software. I couldn't find any information. My source and destination environment are identical: WINDOWS NT, DB2 6,1 with the identical FixPack. Can anybody help me ?
    Hi Mehdi,
    I think your bufferpool is low use
    db2set db2_override_bpf=<value> e.g 3000
    db2stop
    db2start
    hopefuly works, please let me know

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9

    Re: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

    Originally posted by David2002
    Hi Mehdi,
    I think your bufferpool is low use
    db2set db2_override_bpf=<value> e.g 3000
    db2stop
    db2start
    hopefuly works, please let me know
    Hi Dave

    Thank you for your help, bevor I became your email, I had changed down the value of estore_seg_sz from 16000 to 10000, then I could connect to new db I checked it and every thing was ok, it functions fine.

    cheers
    Mehdi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    86

    Re: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

    Originally posted by mehdi shahbazi
    Hi all

    I try since 3 days to restore and redirect a backup from prod machine into a new environment. I had many problems which i soloved. after a succeful restor in on new machine I can't connet to my db. In db2diag.log I read the following message:

    the memory for bufferpool and estore cann't be allocated: C0C4 0400

    I investigated long time to understand the problem, it looks like every thing is OK, I mean Hard and Software. I couldn't find any information. My source and destination environment are identical: WINDOWS NT, DB2 6,1 with the identical FixPack. Can anybody help me ?
    Sorry I did not undrestand what did you do, did you had problem because of you changed the parameter from 16000 to 10000?
    and then you used my advise and it became ok? could you please explain.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9

    Re: restor and redirect a backup into different machine

    Originally posted by David2002
    Sorry I did not undrestand what did you do, did you had problem because of you changed the parameter from 16000 to 10000?
    and then you used my advise and it became ok? could you please explain.
    Thanks
    Hi Dave

    Thanx again for your reply. No I had this problem because of restore and redirect into a new environment. Bevor I recieved your first reply, I could slove it via down setting the value of estore_seg_sz from 16000 to 10000. I didn't use you solution. Than I could connect to my new database. I checked it every thing was OK, it functions still very well. Just now I am challenging another problem. i.e. down sizing the database or tablespaces, do you have any suggestion hier?

    cheers
    Mehdi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    Have you been using extended storage ?

    Well, for you news question, I have created a new thread ....

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •