Unanswered: Trusted Connection

Inside an ActiveX task within a DTS package, I am unable to update or insert rows in SQL Server 2000. I can do this through an SQL Task, taht is I can update, delete, do whatever I want.

I am using an ADOBC object within the ActiveX script, connecting through a DSN and opening with an SQL string "select * from table". This allows me to read anything. But I can't update or insert into any tables.

Sometimes I get an error that says something about Trusted Connection did not work.

This app is very simple so I really don't care how but I need to get records read and parsed from a FileSystemObject into a table.

I know, it should be easy, but I just can't seem to get my either the DSN which must be set up for a read only or something, or even if I connection with (local) I get teh Trusted Connection error.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Also, this is my first time using dbforums. How will I follow up on posts against this new thread?

(sorry to be such a newbie)

Thanks,
    John Trimble

Re: Trusted Connection

Hi, John. Can you post the connection string you used to connect to the database? Trusted Connection means you are connecting using Windows Authentication/network username and password. If you do not supply a userid and password to connect, sql server will authenticate you using Windows authentication . HTH. ;o)

Originally posted by John Trimble
    Inside an ActiveX task within a DTS package, I am unable to update or insert rows in SQL Server 2000. I can do this through an SQL Task, taht is I can update, delete, do whatever I want.

I am using an ADOBC object within the ActiveX script, connecting through a DSN and opening with an SQL string "select * from table". This allows me to read anything. But I can't update or insert into any tables.

Sometimes I get an error that says something about Trusted Connection did not work.

This app is very simple so I really don't care how but I need to get records read and parsed from a FileSystemObject into a table.

I know, it should be easy, but I just can't seem to get my either the DSN which must be set up for a read only or something, or even if I connection with (local) I get teh Trusted Connection error.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Also, this is my first time using dbforums. How will I follow up on posts against this new thread?

(sorry to be such a newbie)

Thanks,
    John Trimble

the connect string I am using works fine. it does get me in.

I am not onsite so I can't remember it exactly.

But it uses an ODBC DSN and has a ;user id = 'DOMAIN/johnt'; password = 'johnt' clause.

That is it.

I can then create a recordset with a select statement and actually read rows using .MoveNext through the entire table.

HOWEVER, if I try to use a .AddNew and .Update it tells me I do not have the authority to update due to the "provider" or the "lock status" on the open.

I have toggled the adLockOptimistic and the adOpenKeyset constants on the open command but it doesn't seem to do any good.

What is interesteing is that I can update all I want OUTSIDE of the ActiveX Script Task. The SQL Tasks and Transformation tasks work fine.

I will follow up tomorrow with the exact syntax in my ActiveX script.

Thanks,
    John Trimble