Unanswered: Underline Text Field in a report

My report need to have an underline below each line of the textbox, something like this:

Code:
    My first line      
    My second line     
    My third line and  
    the next line...   

For 1-line textbox, I can just add a line below the textbox. How if it is multi-lines textbox? If I also set the "can grow", and the number of line is not fixed, how can I get this text underlined? Do I need to programmatically add line in a report? Then, how can I get the metric height of the font used inside textbox?

The underline property will only underline the text, and the result will be:

Code:
    My first line
    My second line
    My third line and
    the next line...

Adding space (like I am doing in this post) also can't be used as my textbox font is not monospace.

Any solutions?

A text control has a property called Font Underline that can be set to Yes in the Properties sheet.
    Roger Hampson
    XI - ecs (UK) Ltd

Originally posted by xiecsuk
    A text control has a property called Font Underline that can be set to Yes in the Properties sheet.
    Font Underline only give underline until the last character in a line, after the last character, the line is not continued. I will get different length of underline for various data. I want it to be the same length for each line.

Currently, I solve this using 2 textbox (transparent). First text box will be the text, while the second textbox only give the underline from "enough number" of spaces.

Sorry!! Didn't read your original post well enough, did I.

The use of two controls would seem to be the only way. You could also try multiple line controls on top of your text box, only showing each line as another line of text gets added to the text box.
    Last edited by xiecsuk; 10-15-02 at 16:03.
    Roger Hampson
    XI - ecs (UK) Ltd