Unhappy Unanswered: Adding Blobs To a MYSql DB via VB

Hello,
    I am trying to add a pretty large amount of Long Blobs to a mysql DB via visual basic, it works, for about 645 records (295 megs) then my vb program halts and crashes. ? I am adding the records from an access DB (data object) in a for ...next loop, I connected and disconnect from the DB out side the loop and connect and disconnect the recordset and stream from inside the loop.. it stops at the 'rs.update' of the record set up the 645th time....

any ideas?? any thing I could try???

Provided Answers: 1

Arrow Re: Adding Blobs To a MYSql DB via VB

Originally posted by siteproject
    Hello,
    I am trying to add a pretty large amount of Long Blobs to a mysql DB via visual basic, it works, for about 645 records (295 megs) then my vb program halts and crashes. ? I am adding the records from an access DB (data object) in a for ...next loop, I connected and disconnect from the DB out side the loop and connect and disconnect the recordset and stream from inside the loop.. it stops at the 'rs.update' of the record set up the 645th time....

any ideas?? any thing I could try???
    Have you tried skipping the 645th record to see if it's a problem with that particular record or something else?

You could also watch memory consumption of VB, MySQL and Access to see if it's a resource related problem (connection not closed, transaction too big, hit likit of SQL statement size, etc.)

Great I will look at all of those..