Unanswered: Access 2002 workgroup security

I recently added security to an Access db. The db is located on a network and there are about 10 users. I carefully followed all steps to implement security properly, and the database was successfully encrypted. I tested this by trying to open the database from each computer. Each time I got an error that I didn't have permission, which is exactly what should happen. I then proceeded to join each workstation to the workgroup I had created, and then the new user accounts worked properly. However, one workstation was able to immediately open the database, and had full control of all objects, even though I had not joined it to the workgroup. Why did every workstation respond properly except this one?

I did notice that the workstation that did not respond properly has Access 2000 installed, but the rest of the workstations have Access 2002. Also, the database is in Access 2000 format.

If Access 2000 is the problem, then anyone who installs Access 2000 can directly change the database without having to join the workgroup.

When I implemented security, I disabled all permissions for the Admin account. I double checked my work and it is correct. I also checked all permissions for the objects in the database for all users and groups (there are only three users and three groups) and can find no problems.

Do I need to convert the db from 2000 format to 2002 format?

Have you changed the owner of the objects?
    If you haven't, remember that an owner has the same rights over his objects as a user from Admins group.

HTH

I would suggest that the user using Access 2000 is not using the same Security file as those using Access 2002. He is probably logged on as the Admins user, thus giving him full rights over the database.
    Roger Hampson
    XI - ecs (UK) Ltd

Originally posted by DannyY
    Have you changed the owner of the objects?
    If you haven't, remember that an owner has the same rights over his objects as a user from Admins group.

HTH
    Yes, I changed the owner of the objects. When I ran the user level security wizard, my new administrator account became the owner of the database and all objects in it. I looked at the database security settings and verified this. My new account has permission to administer the database. The default 'admin' account has no permissions. I can log in as 'admin', but then I get a message that I do not have the necessary permissions to use the database.