Thumbs up Unanswered: Date conversion question

Hi,
    I am new to DB2 have a query regarding DB2 date functions. I have two colums with date data that are stored as decimal and char.

I want to covert the decimal/char column to date type and change Current date function format to ccyy/mm/dd in order to select records that are older than 30 days for example.

delete from table where decimal_date_col < (currentdate - 30 days) in CCYYMMDD format

(PS: decimal_date_col is a decimal data type)

In Oracle I used to_char with a format mask and sysdate minus number of days.

I have tried using char and date function to convert the date but get the following error

I get following errors
    SQL0183N A datetime arithmetic operation or a datetime scalar function has aresult that is not within the valid range of dates. SQLSTATE=22008

Thanks for help in advance

Re: Date conversion question

Originally posted by tzp2ft
    Hi,
    I am new to DB2 have a query regarding DB2 date functions. I have two colums with date data that are stored as decimal and char.

I want to covert the decimal/char column to date type and change Current date function format to ccyy/mm/dd in order to select records that are older than 30 days for example.

delete from table where decimal_date_col < (currentdate - 30 days) in CCYYMMDD format

(PS: decimal_date_col is a decimal data type)

In Oracle I used to_char with a format mask and sysdate minus number of days.

I have tried using char and date function to convert the date but get the following error

I get following errors
    SQL0183N A datetime arithmetic operation or a datetime scalar function has aresult that is not within the valid range of dates. SQLSTATE=22008

Thanks for help in advance
    Hello do a search on date functions within this forum, I have seen implementations of what you want and samples here..

marcos oliva

Use LOCATE function to get the desired format of Date
    Sujit