Unanswered: Restore a DB2 Database on One Server from a Backup Image Created on Another Server

I try to restore a backup from the development machine to production machine.
    the backup is in the development machine in l:\

First, i have created the database in the production environment, the db name is REP_HYPE and the alias is PRUEBA

Second from the Command Center in the development environment i connect to the database PRUEBA located in the production environment and execute this statement:

RESTORE DATABASE REP_HYPE
    FROM L:\\ TAKEN AT 20021014101543 INTO PRUEBA WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024
    REPLACE EXISTING
    WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD WITHOUT PROMPTING ;

i get the message:
    SQL2540W Restore is successful, however a warning "2539" was encountered during Database Restore while processing in No Interrupt mode.

and don't create the tables in the production db!!!

What's wrong?

Re: Restore a DB2 Database on One Server from a Backup Image Created on Another Server

2539 warning message is because you specified WITHOUT PROMPTING .. 2539 means that an exisiting database is being replaced with a new one ...

Well, did you connect to the prod database with the same user name as you would do on dev box ... After connecting , try

list tables for all

or

select * from <schema>.<table>

I believe you are omitting the schema part when trying to do a select ...

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Originally posted by psuarez
    I try to restore a backup from the development machine to production machine.
    the backup is in the development machine in l:\

First, i have created the database in the production environment, the db name is REP_HYPE and the alias is PRUEBA

Second from the Command Center in the development environment i connect to the database PRUEBA located in the production environment and execute this statement:

RESTORE DATABASE REP_HYPE
    FROM L:\\ TAKEN AT 20021014101543 INTO PRUEBA WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024
    REPLACE EXISTING
    WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD WITHOUT PROMPTING ;

i get the message:
    SQL2540W Restore is successful, however a warning "2539" was encountered during Database Restore while processing in No Interrupt mode.

and don't create the tables in the production db!!!

What's wrong?

Angry dont work dont work silly restore command....

I had the same problem.... sql2542n.... a stupid, silly, stronzo, programmer gave me a backup image taken by another server (ibm db2 7.2 on win2ksrv, both he machine), no way to import it. At the end the guy rebuild the db schema on my machine...

The stupid man ... "It work so, Its your machine that It isnt working"...
    I'll put a new server on his hand..." FORMAT THIS AND REINSTALL ALL, THEN SHOW ME WHAT DO YOU DONE!!!"
    The stupid made so and then..."Problably i got a mistake..."

But...

I try to crate a db. I backup it. I got an image. I restore it. Works! I drop the db. I restore the image. NO WAY!!!! WHAT SILLY BACKUP!!!!

I backed up the whole by NTBACKUP against data loss... and works!

my question...
    If a virus deletes all the machine, for example, what I have to do with this images???? The function on the control center "create a new db from backup" simply dont works!!!! I tried all the possible command combination from command line, nothing will be a better result!!!!

TELL ME SOMETHING!!! HELP!!!!
    Who will read this post, please have to image this scenario.
    A server blanked by a virus. A couple of image of backup on a cdrom. The image had to be placed on the db.

and please, don't tell me that I 've to use the db2move command, it's only a backup procedure!

sorry for my bad english, i'm italian, and sorry for caps look, peraps I'm nervous.

I'm frustrated... It's crhristmass... I'm spending my holiday on db2...

Happy new year!

Manuel Pallotti

Use Conrol Centre, choose option "manually enter the backup information" (the other one is greyed out anyway). Set the date and time to correspond the date and time of the creation of the backup accurately up to the second (the last two digits within the name of the backup file). If the media type is file system, path is the same as it was for the creation of backup (path to a folder not to the file itself).