Thread: Filter Error

Unanswered: Filter Error

I seem to be intermittently getting the error below when I use the filter by form option, does anyone know this happens?

'Access didn't build the filter, there is an error in
    the current field'

It seems your filter is invalid, post it so we can take a look at it

JefB

Originally posted by JefB
    It seems your filter is invalid, post it so we can take a look at it

JefB
    Can't seem to save the filter, after clicking save as query Access just sits there and does nothing.

What I have noticed though is if I manually execute the query outside the form then go back in to the form then the problem seems to disappear. The form is based on the following query:

"SELECT WEEKLY_JOBS.JOBSID, WEEKLY_JOBS.BOOKINGS_ID AS WEEKLY_JOBS_BOOKINGS_ID, WEEKLY_JOBS.WEEK_ENDING, WEEKLY_JOBS.POSTED, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.WORKERS_ID, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.CLIENT_ID, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.REFERENCE, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.USERS_ID, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.START_DATE, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.FINISH_DATE, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.START_TIME, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.CREDIT, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.CATEGORY
    FROM WEEKLY_BOOKINGS RIGHT JOIN WEEKLY_JOBS ON WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.BOOKINGS_ID = WEEKLY_JOBS.BOOKINGS_ID
    WHERE (((WEEKLY_JOBS.INVOICED)=False))
    ORDER BY WEEKLY_JOBS.WEEK_ENDING, WEEKLY_BOOKINGS.USERS_ID;"

Confused!

And the query is not added?

Hum, well, instead of saving the query ("save as query"), apply the filter so your form will have value filterd. Next, go on view form (on design mode) and check the property of your form. On the tab datas, you'll see the filter, try it.

But how are you designing your filter? Do you use Access fileter auto-build or do you use VBA code?

JefB