Unanswered: Hide "Duplicates"

Can Hide Duplicates refer to another control? I have report containing textboxes. Here is the example of my problem: I want to hide Country according to the Name.

Code:
    Name Country Language
    Bob  USA     PHP
                 Visual Basic
    Fred USA     ASP
                 C++
                 C#
    Kay  Canada  Visual Basic
                 C++
    Current problem: If I hide duplicate country, the second USA (for Fred) will not appear. If I did not hide duplicate country, USA will appear 5 times (2 for Bob, 3 for Fred).

How to achieve the above format?

One way would be to group on the uniqueID for the person. Assuming that you table structure is similar to this:

People_t
    ID,Name, Country, ...
    1,Bob,USA,...

Language_t
    PeopleID, Language
    1,PHP,VisualBasic

Your report query would return:
    1,Bob,USA,PHP
    1,Bob,USA,Visual Basic
    2,Fred,USA,C
    2,Fred,USA,C++
    2,Fred,USA,ASP
    3,Kay,Canada,Visual Basic
    3,Kay,Canada,C+

Create your report grouping on the ID field - then move the Name and Country text box into the ID header field. This will leave the Language text box in the detail section.

You will get the results that you after - but the report will have a stepping effect to it.

Actually, I already considered Name as an ID, and this is my current way of doing it, group by Name, while the Language is in detail section. Is it possible make "Bob, USA, PHP" in the same line and make it appears like a table (border the report)?
    Last edited by Djoko; 10-17-02 at 21:45.

Place all field in the detail section.

Make sure that your group header section is set to YES and that there is some report space showing in this section. Collapsing the header section will cause the second USA to disapear as you described.

Can't tell you why.

Thanks... this works although I have to set the header height to 0.0007" (this header space is not noticable already )

I think if header height = 0 and footer height = 0, access won't group it. Therefore second USA will be considered as "duplicate" of the first USA.