Unanswered: DTS Hangs, no errors

Have job that pushes data via dts to Oracle9. DTS pak runs fine when exec'd direct, hangs forever when run thru Agent. Not using a DSN, using Oracle Provider for OLE. SQL is SQL2K SPII.

It is not a permissions problem, I am SA and have experimented with running directly as SQL Service Account (a domain act), runs fine.

It is not a mapping or locale prob, I run it from the SQL box (TSE), runs fine. IE., it runs fine direct from server, just not thru agent.

Agent calls OS-CMD: DTSRUN.exe. When I send the exact same line to OS in a dos-window, it runs fine, even as SQL Service Acct.

No errors of any kind written anywhere: log files are blank (2k file), EV has nada, msdb has a tiny bit of info, nothing that helps.

Job never times out, Oracle tables are never created.

Really baffled over this one.

Mark Godfrey

Does it work running other DTS packages the same way? For example, a simple test package?

My fault...was unrelated problem: Ole won't load after reboot..

Coolberg: You rock, thanks for the reply.

Turns out it was an unrelated problem, one that I have been fighting for a year.

If I reboot some of our SQL Servers, then linked-servers or anything else that uses OLE-DB will fail, until someone goes to the console, and click on the tables under a linked server to get the ole drivers to load properly. Very strange. (must use console, cannot use TSE even.)

It turns out after I did this, the DTS job ran fine.

I've researched this, and cannot find much.

Thanks!
    Mark Godfrey
    "Fight the Good Fight" -> Join NORML