Unanswered: SQLServer to Oracle DTS issues

Is anyone aware of issues transfering data from SQL2K to Oracle 8i? I kicked off a DTS package from SQLAgent and it seems to take forever to transfer the data. The weird part is that inspite of cancelling the job, the count seems to be increasing on the Oracle side (although at a very slow pace).

I would appreciate it if the DTS gurus can through more light on this behavior and provide some tips to improve the performance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: SQLServer to Oracle DTS issues

I guess I figured out why records are continuously being added to the Oracle table inspite of cancelling the job. It looks as though SQLAgent has no control over the DTS package after it starts it.

I would still like to get some help on improving the performance of the package.

Thanks once again.

Originally posted by krish
    Is anyone aware of issues transfering data from SQL2K to Oracle 8i? I kicked off a DTS package from SQLAgent and it seems to take forever to transfer the data. The weird part is that inspite of cancelling the job, the count seems to be increasing on the Oracle side (although at a very slow pace).

I would appreciate it if the DTS gurus can through more light on this behavior and provide some tips to improve the performance.

Thanks in advance for your help.