Question Unanswered: Link table problem ( ODBC )

I have a problem when I try to build a link table ( in Ms Access 2000 ) from AS 400 ( as table data source ) with ODBC.
    I use "File DSN" ( Not system or user DSN ) because I want to share this DSN file to several PC. I successfull build the link table but the problem appear whe I open this table with error message "Can't open table in datasheet view".
    I try to fix this problem with install MDAC but can not solved....
    If I use system or user DSN, I don't have problem but I can't share the table to another PC.

May someone help me ? ..... thank's a lot .

Re: Link table problem ( ODBC )

You could try the brute force method, just create a new instance of the system or user DSN on every PC after all they aint the hardest thing in windows to setup

Originally posted by mywish
    I have a problem when I try to build a link table ( in Ms Access 2000 ) from AS 400 ( as table data source ) with ODBC.
    I use "File DSN" ( Not system or user DSN ) because I want to share this DSN file to several PC. I successfull build the link table but the problem appear whe I open this table with error message "Can't open table in datasheet view".
    I try to fix this problem with install MDAC but can not solved....
    If I use system or user DSN, I don't have problem but I can't share the table to another PC.

May someone help me ? ..... thank's a lot .

How many tables are you linking? I know that if I link more than one table at a time I get very erronious errors. Dont think that is your problem, but give it a shot anwyas.
    Jim