Question Unanswered: Restore DB2 Database from RS/6000 to AS/400

Can a DB2 database backup created on an RS/6000 running AIX be restored to an AS/400 running OS/400 and DB2? I don't know the DB2 release levels of either. I expect this would determine success or failure. Are the hardware platforms and/or OS versions a factor, also?

If this type of restore is possible, what must be considered?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm a SQL Server DBA who doesn't speak DB2.

Re: Restore DB2 Database from RS/6000 to AS/400

Hardware platforms are certainly a factor ... I remember read elsewhere that IBM is working on getting the backups comaptible across Unix and Windows platforms ...

But I feel, Unix and AS400/S390 may not be in the agenda now ... The implementation of DB2 is quiet different between these platforms, atleast I can tell about OS/390 and UWO ...

mmm .... But, recently a client site I have been to, told me that he was able to restore AIX DB2 backup to Solaris , with some patch as a pre-requisite ... I tried digging information on that on the net ... But couldn't find ... Anybody here has an idea ?

Sathyaram

Originally posted by buckeye
    Can a DB2 database backup created on an RS/6000 running AIX be restored to an AS/400 running OS/400 and DB2? I don't know the DB2 release levels of either. I expect this would determine success or failure. Are the hardware platforms and/or OS versions a factor, also?

If this type of restore is possible, what must be considered?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm a SQL Server DBA who doesn't speak DB2.

Re: Restore DB2 Database from RS/6000 to AS/400

Thank you for this information, Sathyaram.