Thread: DB2 Javaw error

Unanswered: DB2 Javaw error

When trying to use the DB2 Universal database 7.1, i can only access the command line processor.

When i try to use other sections (mainly command centre im interested in) i get an illegal operation message with 'javaw' as the header.

Any ideas how i can get this working properly?

You are not providing enough information.
    You should at least provide the error message and the operating system you are working on.

Best Regards
    Gaganis

Arrow

I've the same Problem. I'm working with Windows NT. If i would like to start the CC a Dr.Watson "Javaw.exe" Error appiers. If i disactivate Dr.Watson the Error Message "Error on Javaw.exe: read of Memory Failed" appiers...
    I've tried to reinstall everything, but the problem is still there...

Thumbs up

solved the problem.

When you install the db2 you must make sure it is not in the program files folder (it cannot deal with the space in the folder name). If you put it to a folder name without a space it should work

Problem solved

Thanks!!!

It is e little bit strange: I've already installed the applications in the SQLLIB Folder and the error didn't disapeard. But now i've made e disinstall and i'reinstalled step by step all Fix'es. Now it works

Greets Mike

DB2 Javaw.exe

I have installed db2 ver 8.1 on a different folder without any spaces, still I get the javaw.exe encountered an error message. Can you please instruct me how to install the fixes. I have just done the basic install and have not installed any fixes.

Help will be very much appreciated.

ap