Unanswered: simultaneous backups?

How does SQLServer2k handle simultaneous backups? If I have say, 20 databases of 15 MB each scheduled for backup at 10 AM, am I risking data loss, bandwidth issues, anything? What if the backups are only differential or only log backups?

As long as you have seperate backup devices defined you will not have to worrie about data integrity, data loss etc. The only thing that you will have to worrie about is the work load on the machine. The more you back up the longer time you will need for your batch window. If you have enough time to do them all then more power to you . If you are worried aoubt how that will effect the servers performance stager the backups for different times/days. Your backup plan will also have an impact on time it takes to do a full backup. If you regulary backup your logs and do regular differentials your full backup will take less time.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Jim

Yes, I have separate backup devices defined -- I've written a perl script to iterate over a list of db names and auto generate sql for device creation, full backup creation, differential backup creation, and transaction log backup creation. The server itself is 4x1Ghz PIII, 1GB RAM running W2Ksp3 and SQLServer2ksp3, and none of the databases are likely to get over 20MB. I'm just hoping to avoid coming up with a programmatic way of staggering the schedules, since more databases will be added over time.

Thanks!

Honestly I would us the SQL Server Managment tools to do all the backups, creating and schedualing, that way I could switch them around time wise if needed. But thats mainly because I dont know Pearl
    If your databased will not get more than 20 mb then you will be fine.
    I am currently on an old box (4 way 400's with 4 gig of ram) and it takes me 4 hours to back up a 50 Gig database. You should be fine as long as you launch your backups in off peak hours. Have fun
    Jim