Thread: Search Form

Lightbulb Unanswered: Search Form

i have like 150T records of companies and since the records won't fit in combo/list box. i wanted to make a search form that will popup when the cursor is on the company textbox. Like if i type in the text in the text box of the pop-up form and will match the datasheet below (which is a subform). then after you found the matching company you can attach the company name back to the Main Form...

Need help thanks,

digtaz

What kind of help do you need?

Igor

Re: Search Form

What is your data like? Is it transactional with many rows per customer or just a single row per customer. If its transactional than you will also be needing other criteria to find the correct reccord. If that is the case In the main form I would set all the options that your users will be using to search with in combo boxes, and then just a text box for the customer. Have your end user select his/her criteria and then type in the name of the customer. Next have a go button that queries the data using all the criteria entered puting it into a statge table that the subform is sorced from. then add the command docmd.requery "subformname" and it will populate the subform.

If your data is an aggrigit that has no duplicates you an use the canned search form in access to find the reccord, though you cant use a subform with that. You will need to base the form from the source data table.
    Thats just how I would do it but there are many many diff ways
    Regards
    Jim

Originally posted by digtaz
    i have like 150T records of companies and since the records won't fit in combo/list box. i wanted to make a search form that will popup when the cursor is on the company textbox. Like if i type in the text in the text box of the pop-up form and will match the datasheet below (which is a subform). then after you found the matching company you can attach the company name back to the Main Form...

Need help thanks,

digtaz