Unhappy unknown

:-)
    Last edited by Micheal; 10-28-02 at 19:20.

Unhappy unknown

:-)
    Last edited by Micheal; 10-28-02 at 19:22.

ERD

Michael,

If you don't know how to do this, then you (or your company) really need to hire someone who does. Even if someone here has time to digest your requirements and produce "a conceptual model, then logical model and finally to physical model" for free (I don't!), they will not be able to do a proper job without discussing the requirements in more detail with the experts in the subject area.

I'm sure IT is the only industry where you'd see a question like this posted on a BB. Can you imagine: "I am a novice civil engineer, and have been asked to design a bridge to carry 4 lanes of traffic over a 50-foot wide river. I need to produce detailed plans. Can anyone show me how to go about it?"

Sorry if this seems a bit sarcastic. If your company is demanding that you perform a function for which you have no training or experience, that is their fault not yours.

Ah, I have just realised - this isn't a real-world situation, it's a college project, isn't it?

Maybe you'll be lucky, and someone will do your homework for you. How will that help you to learn though?

Good luck!

micheal, that sure looks like a homework assignment, and tony's right, you don't get that amount of work out of us for free

here's something that may help you: Data Modeling

rudy

Rudy, that's a really nice link you posted! I've bookmarked it for myself to have a read through during idle moments.