Unanswered: Automated script generation

I often create scripts from SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Mgr the same way: I select all tables, check Indexes, check Constraints, check Windows text, then I go. Is it possible to automate this task further, for example running the scripting from a Stored Proc?

RE: I often create scripts from SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Mgr the same way: I select all tables, check Indexes, check Constraints, check Windows text, then I go. Is it possible to automate this task further, for example running the scripting from a Stored Proc?

Q1 Is it possible to automate this task further, for example running the scripting from a Stored Proc?

A2 Yes, though for some tasks (particularly with previous versions) you may have to use cursors.

I could, fairly quickly, write a SP that reads some system tables and do the scripting I need itself.

But, is there some way to make Enterprise Mgr to do it, without really having to write a program?

Originally posted by Coolberg
    I could, fairly quickly, write a SP that reads some system tables and do the scripting I need itself.
    Well, not quickly I realize, because I need to put the ALTER TABLE ... DROP CONSTRAINT statements in the proper order.
    Or could I do a ALTER TABLE ... NOCHECK ALL on all tables...?