Unanswered: DB2Connect performance

I have a win32 app which uses ODBC (actually EDAODBC32.dll driver from IBI Inc.) to connect to DB2 UDB 7.1 Database. Everything is working fine and as expected. Now, we have a need to convert the database driver from EDA to DB2Connect. I have DB2Connect client on my machince (win95) and I am connected to the database through a gateway server (websphere). I am able to connect to the database and get my data, but performance is my problem. I have a query and in DB2Connect its taking 18 seconds and with EDA its 3 seconds. I tested similar queries and the timings are the same. DB2Connect is 10 times slower than EDA.

I did a CLI trace and I used CLI-Parser to parse the trace file. From the output of the CLI-Parser, I see most of my time is spent on network flows. I don't know what this means. Any help on what this flows are?

The interesting part is, I have the same setup for DB2Connect going against my test db2 database and the same query ran in 3 seconds. My production database and test database returned the same number of rows.

Thanks for your help.

Instead of a gateway can't you directly connect thru DB2 Connect so that it will be faster.

Sujit

DB2 Performance

Sujit

Thanks for your reply. I tried accessing DB2 directly and didn't see any difference in timings. Is there any other trace that I can do on the client side to narrow down this issue.

Thanks again
    a_es.