Smile Unanswered: HowTo: Archive Tablespaces

hi all

what's the correct way to archive tablespaces ?!?
    (archive, not a classical backup)

the tablespaces are monthly based, like
    - TBS_Data_200102
    - TBS_Data_200103
    - TBS_Data_200104

and so on... (there is also one file per tablespace and month)

the idea is that I can "hang off" the oldest tablespaces and then create a new one (for example for the next month). the old tablespace should then be saved to another machine for archiving (and further on tape, sometimes)

any hints ?!?

thnks

.Ralph

ps: 8.1.7.3 (and 9.0.1.4 planned) HP UX

hi again...

I forgot to mention, that I already discovered the "Transportable Tablespaces". but I'm not quite sure if the transportable tablespaces are the right solution.... dropping the ts after export, and, if neccessary import them again...

any hints are welcome

thnks

.Ralph

hi all

I'm still stuck here

I can't use the transportable tablespaces, cause the partition are not "self contained" therefore I have to create a new TS and copy the partition I'd like to archive in a new table there and then "transport" this partition, after that I could drop the original partition with it's file...
    way to complicated (to many steps involved, incl. OS filehandling)

other possible way:
    when I'm just taking the TS I'dlike to archive it - of course the table will have a problem because of the offlined tablespace - it want let me use the rest...

so, again - how can I archive a tablespace, which holds partitioned data (file0102 -> TS 01/02 -> Partition 01/02)

thnks for any info

.Ralph