Unanswered: OpenReport Action Canceled

I have a multi-user database that I am deploying, and have run across an error message only on a couple of NT boxes. The front end will not generate any reports on so far only two machines. It works fine on other NT boxes and 2KPro boxes. I have checked service packs for Office XP (although the database is a runtime version - individual machines do not have Access), Jet 4.0, and NT. None have rectified the problem. Any ideas where the trouble may lie?
    Last edited by Stephanie; 10-29-02 at 15:26.

Re: OpenReport Action Canceled

Originally posted by Stephanie
    I have a multi-user database that I am deploying, and have run across an error message only on a couple of NT boxes. The front end will not generate any reports on so far only two machines. It works fine on other NT boxes and 2KPro boxes. I have checked service packs for Office XP (although the database is a runtime version - individual machines do not have Access), Jet 4.0, and NT. None have rectified the problem. Any ideas where the trouble may lie?
    Can you be more specific on the error message? The service pack level was a worthy check, but you may need some other items. Are there any library dependancies? You can check this by opening any VBA module in design view and clicking on Tools in the menu bar. The first menu item should be References. Select this item and any missing references will be indicated with the text:
    MISSING:<<reference library>>
    Regards,
    Terry

It is also possibe that the report you are trying to print will not FIT on paper selected.
    MDB will give an error something like "The sum of report header, detail and report footer is greater than size of paper you are printing on" (it is not exact text).
    MDE will just CANCEL action.

I am not the expert, but have encounered same situation about 6 mont ago,
    Hope this helps.

Smile

The exact error message is: The OpenReport Actions was Canceled. Not the most helpful. Unfortunately, since the machines that are having the problem are running a runtime version, I could not check for missing references. In theory the Packaging Wizard should install all needed references.

However, I did find the problem. Thanks Alec for your post. You made me check to see which network printers were connected under the login I was using on that machine. It turned out that the 8-1/2"x11" laser printer had not been mapped. THANKS!!!!