Unanswered: Finding the Authentication mode through programe

Hello all ,
    Well, I am developing an application in VB which was currently struck...to Find out the Authentication mode the SQL server.. can any one suggest me a methodology.. ?

also if the SQL Server is running in Windows Authentication,....and if i created a Database and its Associated user...Later when i connect thru ISQLW using the same user and password...its connecting to MASTER database but not my database why ?

Please let me know about that...
    Thanks in advance.

sai

Smile Re: Finding the Authentication mode through programe

You can check under SQLbooks for the correct sytax but here is SQL7's description:

object.SecurityMode [= value]

Part Description
    object Expression that evaluates to an object in the Applies To list
    value Long integer specifying a security mode as described in Settings

Settings
    Constant Value Description
    SQLDMOSecurity_Integrated 1 Allow Windows NT Authentication only
    SQLDMOSecurity_Mixed 2 Allow Windows NT or SQL Server Authentication (IntegratedSecurity object only)
    SQLDMOSecurity_Normal 0 Allow SQL Server Authentication only

On the default database problem - in SQL - logins - change the default database - its at the bottom of the properties - if you go through SQL enterprise manager and doubleclick on the user you will see what I mean.

If you want that user to be the dbo of the database use the following command in SQL EM Query Analyzer Screen

exec sp_changedbowner yourusername

Hope this helps.

Mary

Originally posted by vjeedigunta
    Hello all ,
    Well, I am developing an application in VB which was currently struck...to Find out the Authentication mode the SQL server.. can any one suggest me a methodology.. ?

also if the SQL Server is running in Windows Authentication,....and if i created a Database and its Associated user...Later when i connect thru ISQLW using the same user and password...its connecting to MASTER database but not my database why ?

Please let me know about that...
    Thanks in advance.

sai