Unhappy Unanswered: Informix Not coming up ....

Hi !!!

Today morning our SYSADMIN rebooted SUN box, it came up fine but Informix is down.
    I am getting a message in Informix online.log as follows:
    "mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments".

I checked /dev/rdsk/dbs* permissions, owner & group. Everything looks fine, it has 660 & Informix as owner & group. Checked the /etc/system parameters & that also looks fine. Checked SQLhosts & looks fine.

Checked for ipcs, nothing is running except for 2 root process.

I ran out of all my options, I am badly in need of some help, please folks help me out.

Thanks
    Shashi

re

run oninit -vy and capture output text for more information then post it again

This problem comes from the shared memory part of informix server.
    I'm not too good at shared memory management in the SUN-box, but your sysadm should be able to help you when you know it's a memory problem. There is some parameters in the onconfig file, setting shared memory system.

Look at buffers,shmbase, shmvirtsize, shmadd and shmtotal, to see if something changed. Changes in the onconfig-file is logged in your
    %INFORMIXDIR%/%SERVERNAME%.log - file.

Hope this helps ( at least a bit )
    /Ralph

re

Informix goes down and can't start to online again in my experience
    the share memory is still allocate or network port I/O is still allocate from informix

Check with onstat -m to see if you've got any messages that states any errors in the shared memory base address.
    /R