Unanswered: Access, you are Strange.

I dont know if I can fully explain my problem.
    Im creating a chart base on a table that was created by make-table query. In this table there is a date field that has a text data type(When I reformatted the date from mm-dd-yy to mmm-yy it converted to text data type). The row source of the chart pull all correct /same values as the table.

When I open the Datasheet that displays the data series for the chart the year 2001 and 2002 are in a different format then 1999 and 2000.
    Ex:
    DATE
    Dec-99
    Jan-00

1-Jan
    1-Feb
    2-Jan
    2-Feb

I right clicked on a field in 1999 or 2000 and select number. The pop-up window display CATEGORY: Date TYPE: Mar-98
    For 2001 and 2002 CATEGORY: Date TYPE: 14-Mar

If I select value,1-Mar, in column of the datasheet and change TYPE to Mar-98 format, it changes to Mar-02 instead of Mar-01. Even if I manually edit the field to Mar-01 it changes back to Mar-02 after I clicked on enter.

Hope someone understand what Im talking about and perhaps can give me some insights on how I can fix the problem.

Thanks much .

The exact same thing happened to me before. Changing the datasheet behind the chart usually does not help with Access charts because your chart data will actually refer to the recordsource or table and not the datasheet.

I don't know how the date formatting happened but when it happened to me I had to delete the chart and create a new one. Then the good format would hold for a little while and eventually revert back to something like what you described. I just ended up using the mm/yy format which has been working great.