Question Unanswered: Required DLLs for SQL7 DTS

I've written a VB6 application that executes a DTS package on SQL7.

The application works perfectly in both Develop and Runtime environments from my system. But when deployed (with default DLLs)to the intended client, the application raises an exception when creating an instance of the DTS object, "Set oPkg = New DTS.Package". The exception says "it can't create and instance of the object" or something to that effect.

While trying to figure out the problem, I installed the application ( without the default DLLs ) on the SQL Server machine. Again, it ran without a problem.

Unfortunately, the SQL machine is not the intended client. All systems here are running W2K(SP2).

Can someone offer some advice???

Thanks,

Paul

There are a couple of rll's you need like dtspkg.rll - the following page should answer your questions:

page

Originally posted by rnealejr
    There are a couple of rll's you need like dtspkg.rll - the following page should answer your questions:

page
    Thanks for your response. However I am using a DSN-less connection. So the page above really does not apply.

Any other ideas. My only other option is to incorporate the function of the DTS package into the VB application. I would really like to aviod this option if possible.

Thanks again,

Paul

Have you included the reference that you are using within your vb project when you install on another machine ? There are probably x number of files that have been left out and/or have not been registered on the deployed machine. I wanted you to see the top half of the article I posted (not the bottom half - about the dsn connection). The top half focused on required files for deployment.

Let me know.