Question Unanswered: Connecting Java with Ms OLAP server

Hello
    Can any tell me how can I connect Java with MS OLAP Server, I want to execute MDX queries that return Multi-dimensional results.
    Yes I know we can use JDBC, but JDBC will connect itself to Sql Server running behind the OLAP server, and I want to know how to get the cube infromation made at the OLAP layer.
    I hope any one gives the answer.

Talking Re: Connecting Java with Ms OLAP server

Originally posted by saulat78
    Well I did it......... by mapping ADOMD to C++ and then to Java.

Originally posted by saulat78
    Hello
    Can any tell me how can I connect Java with MS OLAP Server, I want to execute MDX queries that return Multi-dimensional results.
    Yes I know we can use JDBC, but JDBC will connect itself to Sql Server running behind the OLAP server, and I want to know how to get the cube infromation made at the OLAP layer.
    I hope any one gives the answer.

Hi saulat78,

I am new to sql 2005 analytic server. i need to retrive the multidimentional data from sql 2005 analytic server. I think u have got the same problem and resolved.

Please let me know , how to connect to analytic server using java. Please provide me some sample code.
    Thanks,
    satya

Connection MSOLAP to Java

Hi,
    First of all thanx to reply, its ok, can u send me any doc. or code related to that how u mapped MS-OLAP to C++ & then to java. Thanx in advance.

Connecting java with MS Olap server(Need help)

Hi ,

Thanx for your reply.

I don't have any idea how to connect to sql 2005 analytical server using JDBC API. I have not prepared any code sample also so far. still i am searching for code sample.

I need the procedure how to connect to sql2005 analytic server using java and I also need sample code for atleast one implementation.Please help me

Thanks,
    satya

Wink Answer

Its quite a while around 4 years that I did this work, Here is the answer

simply use SAAJ Java web services API to connect with any XMLA provider.

I have sucessfully used it with MS Analysis services 2000 and 2005 for executing MDX statements and displaying the multi-dimensional reports on the web, exactly like Cognos power play. I build my grid that generates MDX on the user actions like (Drill down, drill up, functions like sum, average) exception highlighting and offcourse drill through also.
    It all works well if you use XMLA.

Do also have look at rex browser that connects OLAP servers with its front end MDX browser. Its written in Java and uses Apache Axis to connect it via XMLA.
    SourceForge.net: REX - waRehouse EXplorer

Re:

Above given information is really helpful especially for jamalla.satya and many other newbies who wants to retrieve the multidimensional data from sql 2005.
    I would also recommend a book on OLAP and believe me its pretty informative.
    The book is available on Amazon & you can buy an e-book directly from the publisher by writing OLAPWorldPress@gmail.com.