Unanswered: filling in form fields (confusing question)

I am trying to fill in some fields in a graph (ie [rowsource]) on a form without opening the form but it says it can't find the form.

the main form has a subform but the graph is on the main form not the subform so i don't think that that is a problem

the form and subform are made up of querries that are only created during the same program that fills in the fields for the graph. However, i "try" to fill in the fields after the querries used in the form are created.

i can fill in the fields if i open the form first but if i try to fill in the fields (using the same lines of code) before opening the form i get my problem.

i guess what i'm asking is is it possible to fill in form fields without opening the form. If i could have been less confusing i would have. Thanks in advance

Re: filling in form fields (confusing question)

The form will need to be open for this to happen. OnActivate event of the form ...

hope this is okay for you.

Originally posted by cmthomps
    I am trying to fill in some fields in a graph (ie [rowsource]) on a form without opening the form but it says it can't find the form.

the main form has a subform but the graph is on the main form not the subform so i don't think that that is a problem

the form and subform are made up of querries that are only created during the same program that fills in the fields for the graph. However, i "try" to fill in the fields after the querries used in the form are created.

i can fill in the fields if i open the form first but if i try to fill in the fields (using the same lines of code) before opening the form i get my problem.

i guess what i'm asking is is it possible to fill in form fields without opening the form. If i could have been less confusing i would have. Thanks in advance