Question Unanswered: Access does not allow primary key composed of two fields.

I am trying to set up a composed primary key in Access 97. I get the Invalid Index Definition message. Both fields are identical (Text, 12 character length and with default General Field proprieties). It worked before. I am running Access 97 and 2000 on the same PC. The only work around I found so far is that I create the table in Access 2000 and import it in Access 97. Then I have a composed key. But this is not normal. Did you folks have ever had this strange problem? Thanks!

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Access does not allow primary key composed of two fields.

Originally posted by Julius_Len
    I am trying to set up a composed primary key in Access 97. I get the Invalid Index Definition message. Both fields are identical (Text, 12 character length and with default General Field proprieties). It worked before. I am running Access 97 and 2000 on the same PC. The only work around I found so far is that I create the table in Access 2000 and import it in Access 97. Then I have a composed key. But this is not normal. Did you folks have ever had this strange problem? Thanks!
    Check if one of those 2 fields is nullable. They shouldn't be nullable to be part of a primary key.