Arrow Unanswered: Informix Connectivity

Hi,
    My problem is: I have installed Informix Dynamic Server9.3 on my Sun Solaris Server with default protocol "ontlitcp" later on my client system I installed Informix Client SDK and Informix Server Studio to connect to the Informix Server. my Client is Windows2000 prof. and after installation I found that the protocol list consists of "olsoctcp" but not "ontlitcp". So I could not estabilsh connection between my client and Server. So please provide me a solution either comfiguring my Informix Server to the "onsoctcp" protocol because it is available in my client software or give me a solution to connect to my server at your earliest convinience.
    regards,
    Jasti

re

servicename,protocol,port list in your sqlhosts file is the way that Database server provide network service but it isn't the protocol that client connect to your Database server

List of item in sqlhosts file can tell you(this machine) , How to connect to another server/service for its or Your service can connect to network by this way ,it doesn't depend on another machine it's for you machine(server/service)

so Your Sun machine use ontlitcp to connect to network
    and Your Windows 2000 prof use onsoctpc to connect network
    now I think they can reach together

I think what you should do is to change the protocol you're using at the server-side to the same ( onsoctcp ) as you're using at the client. The change is done in the onconfig file found at %INFORMIXDIR%/etc .

You would find the parameter you're looking for named NETTYPE.
    set this to soctcp,1,,NET.

There is also a tool called setnet found in your %INFORMIXDIR%/bin
    used to setup the parameters for the server.

I'm using WINNT for my servers, so some things may differ a bit, but the idea is the same.

Hope this helps.
    Regards
    /Ralph

Are you still having this problem?
    rws

completed

Originally posted by Roelwe
    Are you still having this problem?

The issue is completed. I have configured by trail and error method. The problem was with port number.