Thread: email erroe

Unanswered: email erroe

Hello,
    I get this error message and nothing gets emailed to me. Help??

Emailing report to operator
    [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 18025: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

Thanks

I get the same errror from every couple of days. Do you run GENTRAN software on the computer you are having the problem with?

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 18025: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

Do you receive the error every time ?

No we did not get the error every time, but almost exactly every 3 days or third time the XP_SENDMAIL function was invoked during auto-notification of backups completeing.

I found the solution earlier today the technet article is at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320407

There is a hotfix for it to replace the Sqlmap70.dll with this version:
    Version File name
    ------------------------------
    8.00.603 Sqlmap70.dll

I called Microsoft support and they emailed me a link to a hotfix file. I used the 1-800-936-4900 number from:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...s;Prodoffer41a

This hotfix has not been fully regression tested so they are only handing it out to customers with this exact problem.

All the is needed is to stop SQL Server backup the old dll, copy the new dll to the same location, and restart SQL Server.

I will know if it is fixed if I do not have any email problems/errors this week.

jcreed - thanks for posting the solution to your problem with xp_sendmail (which is the same problem that I had a few months ago and fixed with the same methods that you did) - however, there is an intermittent problem and a steady problem with xp_sendmail.

Anu - If your problem is every x days then I would pursue the listing by jcreed; otherwise, let me know.

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005
    I had the same problem a while ago after System Administartor added NT login restriction on the SQL 2000 server. This has been resolved by stop and restart the services of SQLSERVERAGENT and MSSQLSERVER. I do not know if this is the case for you but it worked with me. So try it if this happens again.