Unanswered: invalid page fault in vba332.dll

Access 97

I received this error attempting to open a database:

MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in
    module VBA332.DLL at 0157:65102169.

It completely closes Access so I can do the steps that microsoft.com recommends to correct.

My other databases open fine. I unistalled and reinstalled Access. I tried to open it and convert into Access 2000, but achieved nothing.

Anyone know a way to correct this?

Thanks,
    Hilary

Hilary,

If there is anything set up as an autoexec in either a macro or code, try holding the Shift key while it's opening, just in case it's bad code that got in there. You could try using the compact and repair Database Utility. If all else fails, try running scandisk on the drive where the database is stored, it could be something happened to an area of the disk where that file is stored.

I do have a start form, but I always hold down the shift key while attempting to open. It still crashes. I tried the repair as well. I will try scandisk next.

Possible answer to 0x65102169 problem

Originally posted by hilaryanglin
    I do have a start form, but I always hold down the shift key while attempting to open. It still crashes. I tried the repair as well. I will try scandisk next.
    I just found out that if you have an update feature which updates the access database and it is stopped before it completes its update - it could cause this error. I clicked on the update by accident and then quickly closed it without letting it finish. When I let it finish and then reclicked on the program file, the file opened.

Jeff