Unanswered: display all records from joining tables

I would like to create a query joining two tables by the date field. The Right and Left Join will only give me all the records with a date from one table and matching records in both table. I need the matching and unmatching records from both tables. How can I do it in a query?

Thank you much!

Re: display all records from joining tables

Use the query that you have created (as described below by yourself).
    Create a second query to find unmatched using the first query and the table from which only matching record were retured.

Create a union query using these two queries. This should give yu everything.

I am happy to dummy something up for you if knew what your data structure looks like etc.

Originally posted by alicejwz
    I would like to create a query joining two tables by the date field. The Right and Left Join will only give me all the records with a date from one table and matching records in both table. I need the matching and unmatching records from both tables. How can I do it in a query?

Thank you much!

Re: display all records from joining tables

Originally posted by mona
    Use the query that you have created (as described below by yourself).
    Create a second query to find unmatched using the first query and the table from which only matching record were retured.

Create a union query using these two queries. This should give yu everything.

I am happy to dummy something up for you if knew what your data structure looks like etc.

Yes, using the union query and the two queries does work.
    Thank you very much!
    Have a Wonderful Day!