Unanswered: How to send in the text to a label control on a report on report open?

Does anyone know how I can send in the text to a label or text control on a report on report open? (I am using the same report and the titles should be able to change).

"labelBasedOn" is a label on my report.

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)

Me!labelBasedOn.???? = gblReportTitleText
    End Sub

Re: How to send in the text to a label control on a report on report open?

Me.labelBasedOn.Caption = gblReportTitleText

Thanks a lot.

At one point "Me!txtBasedOn.Caption" bombed on me.

For some reason when I could not see "Caption" in the pop-up comb-box after I type in "Me!txtBasedOn.", I thought that that was the reason.

I deleted the control and recreated it and voila!

Originally posted by Wango
    Thanks a lot.

At one point "Me!txtBasedOn.Caption" bombed on me.

For some reason when I could not see "Caption" in the pop-up comb-box after I type in "Me!txtBasedOn.", I thought that that was the reason.

I deleted the control and recreated it and voila!
    Djoko suggested using the syntax
    Me.txtBasedOn.Caption

rather than
    Me!txtBasedOn.Caption

When you use his syntax, the Caption property will appear in a combo box for selection.
    Regards,
    Terry

Aaahaaa!!

So, what is the difference between the "Me!someControl" and "Me.someControl"??

And thanks for your response.

Originally posted by Wango
    Aaahaaa!!

So, what is the difference between the "Me!someControl" and "Me.someControl"??

And thanks for your response.
    The answer is pretty long winded and I'm not sure if there is a good web-site where there is documented coverage of this. This is paraphrased from a book I have written by Alison Balter called "Mastering Microsoft Access 2000 Development".`

You should use ! (bang) when you are separating objects from it's collection as in
    Forms!frmExamples

In most cases you can also use a period to separate an object from it's collection as in
    Me.someControl

This works because it is really a shortcut to the default collection Controls on a form (or report). The entire reference would look something like this
    Me.Controls!someControl

or even longer
    Forms!frmExamples.Controls!someControl

You should always use a period to separate an object and it's properties or methods

With all of the above said, you were doing everything correctly, because either way works. Using Me.someControl allows the popup (combo box) so you can select the property or method. I look at it that someday Microsoft is planning to get rid of the ! syntax someday.
    Regards,
    Terry