Unanswered: Data Disappears on a RESTORE

I restore a database from one server to another using the RESTORE DATABASE statement followed by restoring all Tlogs.

The data in the retored database will be there for a few days but then
    will just disapear!! I know it sounds crazy, but I have been retoring datbases from server to server and have not seen anything like this
    before.

The database I am restoring is about 18 gb in size.

Any suggestions would be helpful as to why this might be happening.

Re: Data Disappears on a RESTORE

Originally posted by ToddBritt
    I restore a database from one server to another using the RESTORE DATABASE statement followed by restoring all Tlogs. The data in the retored database will be there for a few days but then will just disapear!! I know it sounds crazy, but I have been retoring datbases from server to server and have not seen anything like this
    before. The database I am restoring is about 18 gb in size.
    Any suggestions would be helpful as to why this might be happening.
    Q1 The data in the retored database will be there for a few days but then will just disapear!
    A1 I doubt it somehow, when exactly, and how much, is it always the same tables? Collect more data on the issue to make some sense of what is happening.

Q2 Any suggestions would be helpful as to why this might be happening.
    A2 There is insufficient information to suggest much of anything. However, you are / have checked integrity, etc., (say dbcc CheckDB) following your restores? How about running a row count proc following restore and running that daily, or add some delete triggers that record any login performing deletes.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, after the restore I do a row count check followed by a DBCC CHECKDB -- could it have anything to do with the database being
    in Bulk-Logged mode after the restore?

Should it be changed to Simple or Full Recovry mode?

I have not tried the DELETE Trigger idea.

Exclamation

Thanks for your response. Yes, after the restore I do a row count check followed by a DBCC CHECKDB -- could it have anything to do with the database being in Bulk-Logged mode after the restore?
    I have not tried the DELETE Trigger idea.
    Q1 Could it have anything to do with the database being in Bulk-Logged mode after the restore?
    A1 I can't intelligently assess the possibility (insufficient knowledge of the situation). {If you are bulk loading following a restore and that fails it might seem that data has disappeared relative to what you expect to be there I suppose.}

Q2 Should it be changed to Simple or Full Recovry mode?
    A2 It depends on your situation.

S1 I suggest scheduling a periodic count (so you can identify when and how frequently data 'loss' occurs). Also implement delete triggers on tables that seem to have the 'unexplained loss' issue. You may also want to review which logins / accounts may run say drop table, truncate table, etc., and severely restict who has sufficient permissions to do such things.

could it have anything to do with the database being
    in Bulk-Logged mode after the restore?

Does it change to Bulk mode just by itself, after having restored??

The mode depends on your restore requirements. On "important" databases, I always have Full.