Question Unanswered: URGENT - DB2 on Linux

Hello,

I have installed Db2 on linux. I am trying to create a database on it from Control Centre, remotly. When I open a Wizard in order to create a databse, it gives me an error saying Administrtaion Server not runnng.
    So I checked that on Linux server. But the Administration server was running happily.

Please can anyone explain me this.

I can always create a databse through Linux server command promt. but I would like to solve this problem.

thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Re: URGENT - DB2 on Linux

Have you set the DB2COMM=TCPIP and defined port 523 in the /etc/services files ?

Look at the db2diag.log of admin server for any recorded errors ..

Just my thought ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by techlearn
    Hello,

I have installed Db2 on linux. I am trying to create a database on it from Control Centre, remotly. When I open a Wizard in order to create a databse, it gives me an error saying Administrtaion Server not runnng.
    So I checked that on Linux server. But the Administration server was running happily.

Please can anyone explain me this.

I can always create a databse through Linux server command promt. but I would like to solve this problem.

thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Re: URGENT - DB2 on Linux

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have set that. I tried to connect to the database remotely and I faced the above describe problem.
    NowI started a control center on the Linux server and I created a database.
    But that remote access problem still persists.