Post Unanswered: trouble with ADO 2.1

I am having some massive problem with ADO 2.1 going over to a MS SQL database. I have already set up the DSN and have called it chicagowebs. The call to DAO_WorkspaceOpenConnection() keeps failing. The error says "invalid parameter". Can anyone tell me what it can be or how to solve this? I have never worked with ADO before.

//for the SQL database
    iRc = DAO_NewDBEngineDBEngine (NULL, 1, LOCALE_NEUTRAL, 0, &CAOHEngine);

iRc = DAO_DBEngineCreateWorkspace (CAOHEngine, NULL, "WORKSP1", "userid", "password", CA_VariantInt (DAOConst_dbUseODBC), &DAOOWorkspace);

iRc = CA_CStringToBSTR ("chicagowebs", &bstrConn);

iRc = DAO_WorkspaceOpenConnection (CAOHEngine, &error, "WORKSP1", CA_VariantInt(DAOConst_dbDriverPrompt),
    CA_VariantBool (0), CA_VariantBSTR (bstrConn),&DAOOConnection);
    Telemarketing right from your PC.
    www.dialeronline.net

Can you provide the code behind the functions ?

No I can't because these are actually ADO functions, not mine!
    www.dialeronline.net

What language are you coding in ? These are not ado object methods. DAO normally references an access database. And the fact that the functions you are using reference a db workspace makes me even more concerned that these were created for access developers who needed to use ado. How are you able to reference these functions in your code ?

Yes. In fact the first few function calls work fine. I have found in the desctiption of the error 800a0bb9 - arguments are the wrong type are out of range, or in conflict with one another. But which parameter?
    www.dialeronline.net

These functions were created by someone in your company or they are from a 3rd party vendor - these are not part of ado - they have been customized (it appears for access developers). So you must find some documentation as to how these functions were created and what parameters they expect - that is why I asked how are you able to reference/call these functions in your code. I can show you how to code using ado but I need to know what language you are using.