Question Unanswered: TSPITR vs Import

Tablespace Point In Time Recovery (TSPITR) involves a lot of work: creating a clone database, restoring it to a time in the past, then copying the restored TS to the primary DB, ...

When is it worthwhile to do TSPITR rather than simply importing a dropped or corrupted object? (Assuming you have done a logical backup, of course!)

Thanks,
    nrg

When the time to import is <= the time to restore & recover? I'm not sure what you're asking...

Originally posted by marist89
    When the time to import is <= the time to restore & recover? I'm not sure what you're asking...
    Thanks for responding!

To clarify my question, I am assuming that nightly exports would be done so no more than one day's work would be lost due to events such as accidentally dropping an object, or due to logical DB corruption.

When would it be better to do TSPITR than to import the item from the logical backup? One case might be when a lot of transactions from that day would be lost if the item was restored by importing the previous night's logical backup.

Can you think of any other cases?

Thanks,
    nrg

Personally, I don't think export/import should ever be used for recovery in a production environment. In my environment, losing one day worth of data would cost the company millions of dollars. Regardless of the time spent, I would go for the full backup using RMAN.