Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11

    Unanswered: Crazy error with objCommand.Execute

    Hello,

    I have searched all over the internet and have not been able to find an answer to this conundrum.

    This line: "Set rsBid = objCmd.Execute"

    Causes this error: "Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E0C)
    Command text was not set for the command object."

    My CommandText is indeed set, and everything else seems to be in order.

    Attached is all the code in its entirety as a txt file.

    Thanks so much to whomever can help me solve this...

    Nat
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    All I see are select statements - why are you using the command object ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    You reference objConn in a rs.open strSQL, objConn - but objConn is never dim'ed or set ???

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11

    Reply to rnealejr...

    rnealejr,

    Thanks for your response and taking the time to look at the code. objConn is dimmed and set in the SSI, Clssfd.asp, which handles all the connectivity stuff. I've attached it hereto.

    To be honest, I don't know why the file uses Commands. I am still learning ASP. This app is from a tutorial in Beginning ASP 3.0 (Wrox), chapter 15, "Wrox Classifieds". I looked on the Wrox site's discussion board, and there were a couple of other people with the same issue overt he past year, but I've tried the solutions they came up with and they didn't work on this computer. So, I'm suspecting i has something to do with settings on this computer, possibly with MS-Access.

    If you think it is unnecessary to use Command Objs, maybe I'll try try it without them. Can you tell me the basics of how I go about doing that?

    Again, thanks for your help.

    Nat
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11

    Talking PROBLEM SOLVED

    rnealejr,

    Thanks for your time earlier. I FINALLY figured out the problem: the line before the "obj.CommandText = ..." line had an extra, unnecessary "& _" on the end, effectively rendering the objCommand line as part of the Response.Write of the line above it. How frustrating this problem was!

    ALSO, you replied to my other post of Friday afternoon. I won't be on that system again until tomorrow (Monday), so I will be getting back to THAT problem then. Thanks again for your help!

    NG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •