Angry Unanswered: A simple timestamp has become complicated

I am using Access 2000
    I wish to timestamp each record in a table called tbl_mpcfr, with two time stamps, 1 if it is modified (done no problem) and 1 when it was last viewed. (the idea being to be able to make a form based on a query quick listing the last ten records the user has viewed AND the last ten he has edited).
    The snag is that I have an accept/reject changes msg box that is triggered in the beforeupdate event of the form bound to the table and changing the field [lastview], by any means I have tried (macros and programattically) triggers the before update action; I want the accept/reject changes box to appear when any OTHER field but that one has been modified.
    Does anyone have a suggestion

Re: A simple timestamp has become complicated

I think I understand you query ...

I assume you want to check that some/any field in on the form has been changes apart from the lastviewed field.

Couple of possible options
    Give all the fields except that field the same TAG value.
    Write a loop on open to gather the values of these fields that contant the TAG and store in a array.

Test array on the way out to check the values of the fields that contain the TAG against the value in the array. If any one is different call the msgbox

I think I understand you query ...

Apologies if I have answered "some other question" other than what you asked as I was a little sketchy on the requirements ...

Originally posted by Blackhand
    I am using Access 2000
    I wish to timestamp each record in a table called tbl_mpcfr, with two time stamps, 1 if it is modified (done no problem) and 1 when it was last viewed. (the idea being to be able to make a form based on a query quick listing the last ten records the user has viewed AND the last ten he has edited).
    The snag is that I have an accept/reject changes msg box that is triggered in the beforeupdate event of the form bound to the table and changing the field [lastview], by any means I have tried (macros and programattically) triggers the before update action; I want the accept/reject changes box to appear when any OTHER field but that one has been modified.
    Does anyone have a suggestion