Question Unanswered: Database Interface

Hi Subscribers,

I have been using REXX to run DB Utilities on V7.2 - however Rexx was stabilised at V5.2 - i.e No new Rexx API's have been provided. Can anyone reccommend a replacement for REXX. My boss has this thing about PERL and won't let me use it. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Re: Database Interface

Originally posted by pennop
    Hi Subscribers,

I have been using REXX to run DB Utilities on V7.2 - however Rexx was stabilised at V5.2 - i.e No new Rexx API's have been provided. Can anyone reccommend a replacement for REXX. My boss has this thing about PERL and won't let me use it. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Try using Visual Age for Java stored procedures, that may help you

marcos oliva

Does this mean that I will be able to run things such as Runstats,Load,Import,Reorg ?

We have never used stored procedures or java on our site what sort of learning curve will this be ?

Originally posted by pennop
    Does this mean that I will be able to run things such as Runstats,Load,Import,Reorg ?

We have never used stored procedures or java on our site what sort of learning curve will this be ?
    pennop

I am sorry I misunderstood your request, if you guys want to do most of that admin process then I will recommend BMC software or Quest admin tools.

I know that BMC SmartDBA has a 30 day trial version that you can
    use to tune and admin your DB2 instance, and of course is a bit expensive.

As in any other RDBMS triggers, store procedures (java or SQL language) can take some time to learn but if you are familiar with at
    least oracle PL/SQL language then it should not take that long.

marcos oliva

Already have Quest Central for DB2.

but this doesn't really help when I want to provide executables that can be used by our ETL Tool (hummingbird) during our batch processing.