Unanswered: DB2 RECOVER Asynch Remote Copy - DR-Site DSNI02I Page Logically Broken -1/3-

Hello everyone,

This is a “post” in 3 parts: ---Part-1-of-3---

I have a very large OS/390 customer running Remote Copy over Fibre.

When using Synchronous Remote Copy, DR-Simulation by pulling Fibre cable off then using DB2 RECOVER on Remote Site works ok, all DBs and tablespaces are fine, restart is RC=0.

I was working with IBM France some 20 years ago and "understand" merely names in DB2.

I do not know what/how their DB2 RECOVERY is set-up.
    In that regards, I would like to know "what" should I be asking them to supply me to check if their DRP for a DR-site with Asynchronous Remote Copy is healthy or not.

[DB2 RECOVER Asynch Remote Copy - DR-Site DSNI02I Page Logically Broken -1/3-]

DB2 RECOVER Asynch Remote Copy - DR-Site DSNI02I Page Logically Broken

This is a “post” in 3 parts: ---Part-2-of-3---

But when they do the same test with Asynchronous Remote Copy, and attempt the same thing, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not and they get error message MSGDSNI02I "Page Logically Broken".

It was as if, either, DB2 Logging did not keep some consistency, or, for DB2 RECOVER for Asynchronous re-start, there was some additional set-up the customer should do when collecting logs to allow pointing to a proper, 100% consistent, synch-point or check-point...

Basically, I would like to know (sort of "Monkey-see, Monkey-do") if there is a "Best-Practice" DSNZPARM setup for Synchronous Remote Copy DR Recovery-Restart, and a "Best-Practice" DSNZPARM setup for Asynchronous Remote Copy DR Recovery-Restart?

Meaning: Sample Setup for Logging on main-site that would allow a smooth fine DR-site Recovery for sites "copied" using Asynchronous Remote Copy.

[DB2 RECOVER Asynch Remote Copy - DR-Site DSNI02I Page Logically Broken -2/3-]

DB2 RECOVER Asynch Remote Copy - DR-Site DSNI02I Page Logically Broken

This is a “post” in 3 parts: ---Part-3-of-3---

I am wondering about stuff such as SITETYP=RECOVERYSITE, TRKRSITE=YES, SETLOG LOGLOAD(0) or SETLOG LOGLOAD(1), SYSLGRNG... flags Checks for "Copy Pending" and for "Check Pending" etc...

Note: They are running DB2 Version 5.1, not 6.0 yet.

All that can answer this one are welcome...

I have been browsing/surfing the net inside-out. Found stuff about DRM and DRMIIC, DRMVIC and PiT etc...

I am starting to wonder if their view of using the same DRP (Disaster Re covery Plan) for Synchronous Remote Copy and Asynchronous Remote Copy is what will NEVER work.

I need "gurus" that could show me DRPs for Synchronous versus Asynchronous Remote Copy to Disaster Recovery sites.

Next time you are in Sydney a few beers will be on me !

Regards Jean-Louis.

[DB2 RECOVER Asynch Remote Copy - DR-Site DSNI02I Page Logically Broken -3/3-]