Unanswered: Using dates in SQL

The following SQL seems to be ignoring the >= date and returns records that are <= date.

Any ideas why?

SELECT CALL_HISTORY.CLIENT_ID, CALL_HISTORY.DATE_LOG, CALL_HISTORY.USER, CALL_HISTORY.COMMENTS, USERS.USERS_IDENTITY, CLIENT.COMPANY_NAME
    FROM USERS, CLIENT INNER JOIN CALL_HISTORY ON CLIENT.CLIENT_ID = CALL_HISTORY.CLIENT_ID
    WHERE (((USERS.USERS_ID)=[CALL_HISTORY].[USER]) AND (([FORMS]![CALL_HISTORY_REPORT]![CONSULT])=[USERS].[USERS_IDENTITY] Or ([FORMS]![CALL_HISTORY_REPORT]![CONSULT])="") AND ((Format([CALL_HISTORY].[DATE_LOG],'dd/mm/yy')) >= Format([FORMS]![CALL_HISTORY_REPORT]![CONSULTANT_DATE_FROM],'dd/mm/yy')))

i betcha it's your parentheses and mix of AND and OR

you have:

Code:
    WHERE (
            ( (X)=Y ) 
        AND ( (Z)=Q
           OR (Z)=""
            ) 
        AND ( (Format(D,'dd/mm/yy')) >= Format(H,'dd/mm/yy')
            )
          )
    rudy
    http://rudy.ca/

Don't think so, I still get the same result with the following:

SELECT [CALL_HISTORY].[CLIENT_ID], [CALL_HISTORY].[DATE_LOG], [CALL_HISTORY].[USER], [CALL_HISTORY].[COMMENTS], [USERS].[USERS_IDENTITY], [CLIENT].[COMPANY_NAME]
    FROM USERS, CLIENT INNER JOIN CALL_HISTORY ON [CLIENT].[CLIENT_ID]=[CALL_HISTORY].[CLIENT_ID]
    WHERE [USERS].[USERS_ID]=[CALL_HISTORY].[USER] And [FORMS]![CALL_HISTORY_REPORT]![CONSULT]=[USERS].[USERS_IDENTITY] And Format([CALL_HISTORY].[DATE_LOG],'dd/mm/yy')>=Format([FORMS]![CALL_HISTORY_REPORT]![CONSULTANT_DATE_FROM],'dd/mm/yy');

DOH!! (smacks self on forehead)

it was staring at me all along, even more clearly in my own reply!!

you are comparing FORMAT strings as strings, not dates

so 13/11/2002 will come after 02/12/2002

you'll want to compare dates in string format in major-to-minor sequence, i.e. yyyy/mm/dd

Look at this